Thank you for joining us for the launch of Andrea Merrell’s newest release, Praying for the Prodigal. We appreciate your support and willingness to help us spread the word. This page is a resource for you to learn more about the book, find ways you can help, and to make it easy and fun. You will find information about the book, Andrea, one-click Tweetable items, Facebook ready posts, and more.
As a special thank you during the launch, you will be eligible for special prizes for helping Andrea, including a Kindle Fire 7″ HD. As a member of the launch team, you can get extra entries toward the Kindle Fire each time you share the items on this page. To learn all the ways to enter please visit here.
Read Preview On Amazon
Click to read a free preview of Praying for the Prodigal on Amazon.
Eighty-eight percent of children raised in an evangelical Christian home will leave the church by the age of eighteen. Most will turn away from authority, parental values, and biblical teaching, losing their potential, their health, and their destiny — sometimes even their life. As a parent, guardian, or loved one, what can you do to prevent this from happening? If it does happen, how do you fight the battle? Is there hope? In Praying for the Prodigal, Andrea Merrell shares her journey with not one but two prodigals, and how God protected them, restored them, and brought them back from the very flames of death and hell. She gives you practical survival tips to help you keep your sanity in the midst of the crisis, such as establishing boundaries, avoiding the blame game, and learning how to pray the Word of God over your children daily. You will be encouraged by advice straight from the prodigals, and your faith will be strengthened by thirty days of prayers and Scriptures. This book will equip you for the battle ahead and help you hold fast to God’s promises, reminding you to never, never give up on your children — no matter how hopeless the situation may seem.
You can read a free preview on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/1941103790/.
Andrea Merrell is Associate Editor for Christian Devotions Ministries and Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. She is also a freelance editor and has been published in numerous anthologies and online venues. Andrea is the author of Murder of a Manuscript. The Gift, and Praying for the Prodigal. For more information visit www.AndreaMerrell.com or www.TheWriteEditing.com.
Review On Amazon
Review On Goodreads
You can post an honest review anytime before or after launch on Goodreads. Thank you for your review.
Enter to win a Kindle Fire HD 7″
You can enter using the public entry that is on the left using the Rafflecopter widget which includes sharing Tweets, Pinterest pins, and commenting on Andrea’s blog posts.
1. Invite your friends to join the Praying for the Prodigal Facebook Launch event at https://www.facebook.com/events/665267933584914/. (One entry for EACH person you invite. In order to claim entries, please email the number of people you invited and your email address to ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com for verification.)
2. Host Andrea Merrell on your website or blog between March 21st and April 15th, 2015. (This will give you an additional 15 entries to the Kindle. Please email Meaghan the link to the blog post at ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com.)
3. Leave an honest review of Praying for the Prodigal on Amazon or Goodreads. You can go directly to the pages to review here. (Goodreads review is 10 bonus entries and an Amazon review is 25 bonus entries. You will need to email the link to the review or the email confirmation from amazon to ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com).
4. One of the best ways to support Andrea is to purchase a copy of Praying for the Prodigal on Amazon. If you purchase a copy for yourself or as a gift and email the receipt to Meaghan at ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com, you will receive 25 bonus entries for each book you purchased. http://www.amazon.com/dp/1941103790/
5. Subscribe to either of Andrea’s two websites/blogs. The first is her personal blog http://www.andreamerrell.blogspot.com/. You can subscribe by entering your email into the box that says “follow by email.” The second site is a writing site that she shares with fellow LPC editor Alycia Morales, http://thewriteediting.blogspot.com/. Click on the Subscribe button on the righthand side of the page to subscribe. (Subscribing to either of these is 10 entries each.)
6. Did we forget any other ways that you can specifically help support Andrea’s launch? If so and you have a great idea of something you can do to help get the word out, please email Meaghan at ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com. Thank you for your participation and support!
Please take a moment to share these Tweets with your followers when you can. Thank you.
If you would like to host Andrea on your website or blog, here are some posts to choose from. Andrea has other posts available and you can contact her directly at AndreaMerrell7@gmail.com. Please email Meaghan Burnett at Meaghan.M.Burnett@gmail.com to have your hosting spot confirmed so that we can promote her visit on your site.
(Author Marketing Blog Post)
(General Interview Questions)
Contact: Andrea Merrell
HOW DO YOU BRING YOUR CHILDREN BACK HOME TO GOD?
New Book Encourages Parents Who Are Awaiting a Prodigal’s Return
How do you bring your children back to God? That’s the powerful and timely question posed in Author Andrea Merrell’s latest book, Praying for the Prodigal: Encouragement and Practical Advice While Waiting for the Prodigal to Return. This book is vital today, when an astounding eighty-eight percent of children raised in an evangelical Christian home are expected to leave the church by the age of eighteen. Most will turn away from authority, parental values, and biblical teaching, losing their potential, their health, and their destiny—sometimes even their life.
As a parent or loved one, what can you do to prevent this from happening? If the unthinkable does happen, how do you fight the battle? Is there hope? In Praying for the Prodigal, Merrell shares her own journey with not one but two prodigals, and how God protected them, restored them, and brought them back from the very flames of death and hell. She imparts practical survival tips to help parents keep their sanity in the midst of the crisis, such as establishing boundaries, avoiding the blame game, and learning how to pray the Word of God over their children daily.
Readers will be encouraged by advice straight from the former prodigals themselves, and their faith will be strengthened by thirty days of prayers and Scriptures. Praying for the Prodigal equips parents for the battle ahead and helps them hold fast to God’s promises, reminding them to never, ever give up on their children—no matter how hopeless the situation may seem.
Praise for Andrea Merrell
A gift is what Andrea Merrell has given us. Her words are perfection, reflecting her wonderful ability to craft a story. This marvelous short story of loss and restoration is a roller coaster of emotion, pulling you in, taking you along for the ride, and in the end, having you swipe away the errant tear. ~ Amazon review of The Gift (Christmases Past)
Andrea Merrell’s expertise in editing as well as writing comes through with precision and authenticity in this seasonal short story. ~ Amazon review of The Gift (Christmases Past)
Murder of a Manuscript is an excellent resource for new and seasoned writers. The way Andrea Merrell talks to you on every page with simple and very clear examples gives you confidence your work will be professional. It’s a must-have when writing. ~Amazon review of Murder of a Manuscript
To Purchase Praying for The Prodigal, visit http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UAQJFQ4/
Andrea Merrell is Associate Editor for Christian Devotions Ministries and Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. She has been published in numerous anthologies and online venues. Her first book, Murder of a Manuscript, is available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. She is also the author of The Gift and Praying for the Prodigal. She is the mother of two former prodigals, grandmother to five beautiful girls, and lives in the upstate of South Carolina. To learn more about Andrea, visit www.andreamerrell.com or www.TheWriteEditing.com.