Courage to Climb
Thank you for assisting Sherry to spread the word about her book. Your participation is critical to the success of her Kindle launch and we appreciate your time. This page is a resource page to give you all the items we can to make the process of helping quick and easy. Since we deeply appreciate your time we are going to be giving away 3 items for just our launch team.
Life throws a lot of curve balls, and one of the greatest gifts a person can receive in difficult times is the support of understanding friends. When those people come forward to listen and to share their own experiences, it reassures us that we are not alone and that we can, in fact, surmount whatever obstacle is in the way. In Courage to Climb, author and life coach Sherry Shoemaker takes readers on a cathartic journey that echoes this universal experience of sharing with others so that we may find the necessary confidence within ourselves for meeting life’s challenges. In story after extraordinary story, twelve women—including Shoemaker herself—reveal the biggest tests of their lives and how they turned them into successes. From a mother who lost her son to leukemia, to a woman who overcame domestic abuse and crippling poverty, to a nurse who defied the limits of her workplace, the women in Shoemaker’s book emerge not as cautionary tales or supernatural heroines but as women with whom anyone can relate. They are women who had doubts, and who encountered sometimes impossible circumstances, but who relied on their inner strength to see them through the bad and to transform themselves into stronger, better people.
Drawing on her personal experience and professional training, Shoemaker not only tells each woman’s story with compassion and accuracy, she also uses it as a springboard to guide readers in their own personal development. Each chapter’s final section, Reflections, features Shoemaker’s insights on how the woman in question overcame the negative obstacles in her life and how readers can develop those same qualities in themselves to improve their own lives. This book is close to Shoemaker’s heart, featuring only women who live in Pennsylvania’s Bucks and Montgomery County area. Some of the women are Shoemaker’s friends; others are people who came into her life at the right moment. And while their circumstances may be wildly unfamiliar or all too close to what readers have encountered themselves, the women offer a breadth of experience and emotion that feels universal, even as it’s specific to each woman’s life. Such is the power of Courage to Climb: It speaks to readers on a deeply human level while exploring how they can become—as the women in the book have—happier, healthier, and more fulfilled human beings.
Launch Team Giveaway
Author Network Giveaway
For fellow authors willing to help spread the word of this launch in any of the following ways you will receive points toward a giveaway of a $50 book marketing custom package for your book. In order to be entered for this giveaway you must contact Meaghan by email of all of your entries at ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com.
|Way to participate and enter:||Point Value:|
|Host Sherry Shoemaker on your website or blog||15|
|Review Courage to Climb on Amazon or Goodreads||10 (each)|
|Invite people to like Courage to Climb on Facebook Launch at https://www.facebook.com/events/599650520171740/||1 point for each invite|
|Share Courage to Climb on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites using the hashtag #Courage2Climb||1 point for each mention of Courage to Climb|
|Your suggestions? Is there a way you can help that is not listed here? Let me know by email at ChristianReaderLPC@gmail.com.|
Review Courage to Climb on Amazon
(Click on the tweet you wish to share. You will have the ability to change it before sending).
Courage to Climb on Goodreads
These quotes are ready to be copy and pasted as shareable items on Facebook or other social networks.
- While she grappled with the guilt and freedom surging simultaneously through her body, she somehow knew that her life had just changed for the better.
- Being a victim doesn’t leave a person with many options. You can stick it out in your pathetic situation, lick your wounds and blame the rest of the world for your problems, but taking this path of least resistance will cost you your self-respect and your integrity. And without those, who are you? #CouragetoClimb http://ow.ly/JarDj
- See those fears for what they are, you can take the chances that lead you away from fear and into a fulfilling life. #CouragetoClimb http://ow.ly/JarDj
- You have to let go and have faith that everything will work out because, in the end, isn’t life happening perfectly as planned? #CouragetoClimb http://ow.ly/JarDj
- “We are all human,” she says. “Take the pity and the ego out of it, and help each other. That is what we are all here for. To make a difference.” #CouragetoClimb http://ow.ly/JarDj
- What if we looked at failure as an opportunity to learn instead of a reason to give up? #CouragetoClimb http://ow.ly/JarDj